Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Polar Music Prize to Patti Smith and Kronus Quartet

The 2011 Polar Music Prize goes to Patti Smith and the Kronus Quartet.

The Polar Prize Board about Patti Smith: "By devoting her life to art in all forms Patti Smith has showed how much rock and roll there is in poetry and how much poetry there is in rock and roll. Patti Smith is a Rimbaud with Marshall amplifiers. She has changed the way an entire generation looks, thinks and dreams. With her ​​unique artistic soul Patti Smith proves once again that the people has the power".

In an email to TT Spectra Patti Smith commented: "It's very early in New York but I have already been brought congratulations from around the world. I look forward to come to Stockholm and share this experience with everyone. I would like to thank the Polar Music-board for their confidence me and for my work and I will do my best to keep producing work that lives up to the price of glory ".

The winners will receive the award from the King Carl Gustaf of Sweden's hand on 30 August.



SVEDENLAND, YOUR SWEDISH VOICE IN THE WORLD http://svedenland.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment